Clients, Friends, and Fans, Happy Holidays!
I hope the last several weeks have been fun for you exploring the 2015 list of our Top 5 Adventure Wedding Hotels and they have inspired you to push your travel boundaries! In case you missed them, they were in order as follows:
Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa (Estonia)
Ammende Villa (Estonia)
Baltic Beach Hotel & Spa (Latvia)
Nordic Hotel Forum (Estonia)
Hotel Føroyar (Faroe Islands)
Today, I am bringing you a brilliant bonus feature! Like hands down the most ideal private cabin I have ever stayed in! …and guess where that cabin is located? ICELAND! If you’re in the market to book the most romantic location for your honeymoon or an Iceland elopement location, I would urge you to consider Kristinn Arnason’s homes in Hafnarskogur (cabin/house) and Akureyri (apartment).
Barely a 1 hour drive from the bustling city of Reykjavik sits a quite secluded cabin I had the pleasure of staying in for 3 nights. It felt like “home” as soon as I pulled in and looked down the hill at the house. Falling in line with the traditional Icelandic wooden house design, you’ll find the house exterior is black (in the old days tar was used), a vibrant red door, and landscape accented by sod elements. Beautiful, just beautiful and 100% connected to nature being only a few steps away. Then it snowed and somehow made the outside of the house even MORE stunning as you’ll find from my photos below!
Your car stays up at the top of the hill and you have a fun little walk of excitement down a slight hill to the house. The area feels private and very secure. As you look around you’ll notice you have a 360 view of the colorful fjord, town of Borganes across the fjord, and a tall mountain across the street. Pretty perfect if you ask me! Ah, but perfection continues and increases as you enter into the house! The décor has been professionally designed by the owner’s fabulous wife Rut Karadottir. It shows, as none of us could eloquently design such a dazzling design that belongs in an issue of Town & Country Magazine. It boasts warmth, every room is inviting and beckons you to sit and stay a while, and conveys endless amounts of country sophistication. You’ll leave wanting this same setup in your own home, or at least I did! But, you be your own judge as you book a few nights here!
So why am I boasting this location as a sweet little spot to elope in Iceland too? The deck outside offers a perfect spot to exchange vows with the fjords behind and you are then minutes from some of Iceland’s adventure spots such as the following:
- Glymur Waterfall (30 minutes)
- Iceland’s Western Highlands (30 minutes)
- Borganes (5 minutes away – Grocery Store, one of my favorite bakeries, and fuel stations)
- Langjokull Glacier (30 minutes) –Inside the Glacier Experience (open year round as of 2015).
- Whale Fjords (30 minutes)
- Hot Springs (Fontana / Fludir: 30-90 minutes)
- Downtown Reykjavik (1 hour)
- Snaefellsness Penninsula (1 hour)
- Iceland’s famed Golden Circle (90 minutes)
As you tour the country, also keep in mind Kristinn’s other location in Northern Iceland in the awesome city of Akureyri. The photos of the Akureyri apartment are intermingled in this post as well for your enjoyment! What I adored the most about the locations is that they were made for couples by a couple! They have taken the utmost consideration into the amenities to ensure whether you’ve come for your… Iceland wedding, Iceland Elopement, Iceland Anniversary, Iceland Honeymoon, planning to propose in Iceland, or just a romantic getaway in Iceland they have your needs met by ensuring their locations have the following available for you:
- Perfectly placed locations.
- Wifi throughout the homes.
- Parking onsite.
- All linens (sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, slippers, and even robes)
- Fully equipped kitchens to cook whatever your heart desires (fridge, oven, dishwasher, pots/pans, utensils, plates, glasses, basic cooking needs like seasonings and more).
- Exquisite bathrooms that even have a tub big enough for 2!
- Toiletries (all the basics plus a full size hairdryer, yeah!)
- Stunning master bedroom with a queen bed.
- Dinning and sitting areas.
If staying in the cabin as we did, you’ll find a fun little upstairs that features an open air sitting and/or entertainment area where you can watch the TV or read a book with a fabulous view to the fjord or to the below living and dining room. Next to this space is a bonus bedroom that has 2 twin beds so this space would be perfect if you are a family of 4 or have a friend or two joining you on your Iceland wedding adventure!
For these dreamy romantic accommodations, please contact:
- Kristinn Arnarson
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Akureyri: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1863693
- Hafnarskógur: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8303497
Stay tuned next week for our final post for 2015! We’ll be doing a year in review and you won’t want to miss it as we have super exciting news!